Take control of your electric bill! KEC offers a wide variety of information and account options to help you better manage your account and budget..
Your Account Number is located in the left hand corner of the bill detail. This unique number identifies the specific account set up under your membership for the meter being tracked by this bill. Many of our members have more than one meter (house, barn, oil well, water well, etc.) and therefore have more than one account number. It is important that you provide the account number in question any time you need information on your account or report a concern, allowing us to more accurately address the specific meter.
HOW TO READ YOUR BILLING STATEMENT
Listed below are definitions to terms frequently used on billing statements. There are different charges that make up your total bill and not all may apply to your situation. Click on the link below to view our detailed interactive bill.
- Basic Service Charge - this is a charge for the facilities from the substation to your meter pole and certain fixed costs like depreciation, interest and maintenance of the distribution system.
- Energy Charge (KiloWatt Hour) Charge - this is the cost for the energy you have used. This may include only energy or it may also include capacity for larger accounts.
- Demand (KW) Charge - this is the cost broken down for larger accounts to show the capacity cost only. On smaller accounts this is included with the kilowatt hour charge.
- Power Cost Adjustment (PCA) - this is a charge to collect additional cost for energy purchased that is not in the current rate. This can be either a credit or a charge.
- Meter Reading Fee - this is a charge incurred by you if you have not read the meter for two consecutive months and a coop employee has to come out and read it for you.
- Other Items - may include security lighting charges, load management credits, sales tax, or franchise fees for certain areas of our system.
Please send in the tear-off portion with your payment or drop it off in our office prior to the 10th of the month.